- 22-Sep-2022 to 06-Feb-2023 (EST)
- AA10405010 - Mobile Engineering
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Market Competitive
As a contract role, benefits will be offered by the third party agency this individual is employed by
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
The Retrofit Systems Engineer is responsible for the creation of specific modification design data packages that are used to integrate pre-identified existing known (or close-to-known) design solutions to post-delivery aircraft. This data includes drawings and modification specification documents that are tailored for certification purposes (see MP/TRS and MAS shown below). The Design Integrator is also accountable for the quality and on time availability of draft Service Bulletin deliverables related to the specific mod.
- Timely Production of the Modification Proposal Technical Repercussion Sheet (MP/TRS) with pre and post-modification sketching
- Retrieve/Create/Update/Check the aircraft Drawings in Airbus IT tools (manage subcontractor as applicable)
- Build the Certification Dossier for the MAS (Modification Approval Sheet)
- Prepare all elements required for the Service Bulletin writing phase, including "list of components" as needed and ensure all provided data are accurate
- Ensure the Quality of the drafted Service Bulletin, including concurrent requirements cross-check
- Provide remote or on-site assistance during working parties and answer any Service Bulletin customer query as necessary
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Ability to read/write/speak English.
- Experience with the development of Service Bulletins or similar type technical documentation and some experience in an aviation related industry.
- Ability to work as a part of a team with other departments locally and internationally.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability read, understand and interpret technical documentation and data including but not limited to drawings, specifications, operational requirements, standards and aircraft certification regulations.
- Ability to use industry standard project management techniques and software
- Familiarity with FAA or EASA regulations with regards to parts procurement, documentation and traceability.
- Familiarity with aircraft modification and MRO operations.
- Experienced in the use of industry standard illustrated Parts Catalogs, ATA Technical Manuals.
Education / Special Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree (B.S) in Engineering from a four year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience: BS degree 0-3 years
10% International and Domestic
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.