- 15-Aug-2022 to 06-Feb-2023 (EST)
- AA10405010 - Mobile Engineering
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Competitive Pay
- Full Time
This position offers the following benefits: Medical insurance, Prescription insurance, Healthcare Advocacy, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal/Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Bonus(es). After one year of service, can elect to participate in 401(k). These are our current benefit offerings for the 2022 plan year and are subject to change without notice.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Position Summary: (Retrofit Engineer Role)
The CVM applies ample knowledge of principles, theories, concepts, industry practices and standards to deliver high quality design engineering solutions while assuring procedural compliance within assigned engineering project teams.
- Responsible for engineering development per the aircraft modification project plan
- Responsible for generating specific technical solutions to support cabin or cargo compartment upgrades including, but not limited to, cabin or cargo monument/equipment installation, monument system and electrical definition.
- Responsible for generating customized monument specifications.
- Responsible for engineering (installation, adaptation or removal) drawings and ensuring their accuracy and quality.
- Responsible for generating installation, adaptation or removal instructions to support input for Service Bulletins.
- Responsible for determining the parts required for monument and kit definition.
- Manage the engineering (installation, adaptation or removal) drawings and generating customized monument specifications using subcontractors (internal and external).
- Responsible for vendor liaison activities and meeting support.
- Responsible for vendor and internal documentation support of the certification process, including Vendor Service Bulletins check.
- Support the certification process as required.
- Support on-site modification team as required, including direct on-site support.
- Responsible for answering/resolving queries during and after work instruction and kit delivery.
- Support the Payload Modification leader as required.
- Create and ensure that the engineering is robust and meets integrated project requirements.
- Responsible for the delivery of integrated engineering solutions meeting technical, weight, program, and cost targets.
- Ensure that diversely located teams are supported with the appropriate infrastructure, communication and direction.
- Manage design changes that guarantee an optimum engineering result.
- Ensure that the design can be certified and all the necessary data for test and certification is produced.
- Strong liaison with other departments (both internally and internationally), vendors/suppliers and subcontractors.
- Develop and manage program enablers and ensure their timely and high quality delivery.
- Develop solutions to handle complex tasks for which existing methods and procedures may not apply.
Experience / Skills / Training:
- Minimum BS degree in engineering or related field: BS degree 9 years / MS 7 years
- Minimum of 5 years in aviation or 3 years in aircraft modification experience, specifically cabin.
- Must have strong project or program engineering experience.
- Ability to read and make corrections to engineering drawings.
- Ability to write reports, technical memorandums, interface agreements, work statements and requirement documents, using good technical English.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, both internal & external.
- Ability to develop and present design and program reviews and answer questions thereto.
- Ability to map and understand complex engineering processes, and to extract information from those processes, to include timescales, enablers, deliverables and risk.
- Able to work with and motivate diverse teams.
- Ability to lead effectively.
- Airline, MRO, or Tier 1 supplier Experience (Preferred)
- Project management Experience (Preferred)
- Basic Programming knowledge in Python or similar (Preferred)
- PMP Certification (Preferred)
Equal Opportunity: Airbus is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.