- 05-Aug-2022 to 06-Feb-2023 (EST)
- AA10405010 - Mobile Engineering
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Market competitive salary
- Full Time
This position offers the following benefits: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription insurance, Healthcare Advocacy, Employe
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
An active participant in site business/performance operations and responsible for using tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs. Contribute to the site operations by collecting and analyzing data to identify trends and provide management with valuable information that they can use to improve operational and business practices through easy-to-understand graphs, charts, tables and reports. Lead cross-functional teams and utilizes appropriate tools and resources as needed to improve site/team reporting and ease of key data performance indicators.
- Analytics Products Development, Maintenance and Support: 60%
- Evaluate analytic needs and objectives for internal business customers
- Analyze and design the appropriate data visualization solution components
- Provide functional & technical guidance to business customers and stakeholders regarding data visualization needs
- Analyze and assemble complex sets of data by utilizing knowledge of databases (SQL MySQL and Oracle) and Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Alteryx, Smart Sheets) to drastically reduce report creation time
- Create database objects that will support visualizations
- Develop visualizations, using various tools, that present data in understandable visual formats
- Deliver packages and projects within the framework prescribed by the HO Business Ops for AAE
- Support all Analytics team activities, including development, maintenance and operations
- Advise AAE leadership on Data Analytical Methods and Tools to best meet business targets
- Design, develop and release dashboards, applications and reports along with data products supporting and enabling efficient engineering cost, schedule and quality targets
- Analytics Products Awareness and Coaching: 20%
- Work within business units to promote the advantages of creating data products and visualizations to further business objectives
- Coach internal business users with a goal of being largely self-sufficient for their analytics needs
- Contribute to and lead periodic workshops for IM internal customers
- Develop and facilitate coaching sessions with IM internal customers
- Analytics Research -20%
- Research and document new and improved features on existing tools
- Become familiar with new analytics technologies in Airbus and in the marketplace
- Stay current on latest analytics trends and emerging technologies
- Recommend new ways of using tools to further business needs
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, MIS or Business and 5 years' experience
- At least 5 years of experience in data visualization, analytics and reporting development, delivery, and support
- At least 3 years of experience in data management, blending and data security
- At least 3 years of experience in business and data analysis
- At least 3 years of experience delivering products and solutions under agile and/or waterfall methodologies
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge and experience in data visualization tools, Tableau preferred
- Demonstrated use of data blending, extraction, load and transformation tools, Alteryx preferred
- Understanding and experience in SQL databases and tools, particularly SQL Server
- Understanding of Windows operating systems
- Proficient in one or more of the following: .NET, Python, C++, CSS, HTML, Java
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- Ability to write white papers
- Ability to lead workshops and classes
- Ability to evangelize analytics while following defined internal procedures
- Fluency in English is mandatory, Spanish, German or French language skills are a plus
Includes: Carrying 25kg, Sitting 60%, Standing20%, Walking 20%, Speaking 100%, Hearing 100%, Vision 100%, Manual Dexterity, Travel 80%.
Equal Opportunity: Airbus is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.