- 04-Oct-2022 to 06-Feb-2023 (EST)
- AA10405010 - Mobile Engineering
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Market Competitive
- Full Time
This position offers the following benefits: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription insurance, Healthcare Advocacy, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Basic & Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Short and Long-term Disability insurance, Voluntary Accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness insurance, Identity Theft & Fraud Resolution insurance, Legal Plan insurance, 401(k), Travel Assistance, International SOS insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal/Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Tuition Assistance, Bonus(es). These are our current benefit offerings for the 2022 plan year and are subject to change without notice.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
The RSE applies ample knowledge of principles, theories, concepts, industry practices and standards to deliver high quality engineering and certification solutions while assuring procedural compliance within assigned engineering project teams. Primary Responsibilities: (Most jobs have 5-8 major duties the time spent on each task may vary and be cyclical in nature)
- Responsible for developing aircraft modifications per project plan.
- Develop and manage program enablers and ensure their timely and high quality delivery.
- Responsible to manage all stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of engineering projects.
- Responsible to manage subcontractors and associated cost and delivery.
- Provide strong liaison with other departments both internally and internationally.
- Responsible to develop the retrofit solutions global architecture.
- Responsible for retrofit engineering drawings with a focus on speed, quality, and cost.
- Responsible to determine the kits needed to support the retrofit design.
- Responsible for developing the aircraft certification plan.
- Supports the certification process as required.
- Supports onsite modification team as required including direct onsite support at customer or MRO facility.
- Responsible to answer/resolve queries during and after work instruction and kit delivery.
Experience / Skills / Training:
- Minimum BS degree in engineering or related field: BS degree 9 years / MS 7 years
- Minimum of 5 years in aviation or 3 years in aircraft modification experience, specifically narrow body aircraft cabin.
- Must have strong project or program engineering experience.
- Must have experience with Google Suite Products.
- Ability to write reports, technical memorandums, interface agreements, work statements and requirements documents using good technical English.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, both internal & external.
- Experience with Python or other programming language
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.