- 04-Aug-2022 to 10-Feb-2023 (EST)
- AA11001016 - SD-Skywise Dev
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- market competitive salary
- Full Time
This position offers the following benefits: Medical insurance, Prescription insurance, Healthcare Advocacy, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal/Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Bonus(es). After one year of service, can elect to participate in 401(k). These are our current benefit offerings for the 2022 plan year and are subject to change without notice.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Software Engineer - Full Stack / Node / React / GraphQL
The ideal candidate would have experience building cloud native applications using Node, GraphQL and React for aircraft cross-fleet solutions for predictive maintenance, health monitoring and reliability for airline operations. The candidate should also be a self-starter capable of quickly learning new tools and technologies.
- Collaborate with the Product team to understand requirements and build high quality software components to support large scale data processing and analytics.
- Develop asynchronous back-end APIs and frontend workflows.
- Own operation of services: measuring performance, and being responsive to production issues.
- Participate in code reviews, architecture reviews, and other technical discussions.
Required Skills and/or Experience
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code.
- Three (3) years of professional software experience
- Experience with both Node and React
- Good REST API design sensibilities.
- Good Linux skills.
- Experience in Git as a source code management system.
- Familiarity in at least one relational database system (Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile, Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work and collaborate with a team on a daily basis.
Preferred Skills and/or Experience:
- Experience with Serverless frameworks (AWS Lambda).
- Experience with NoSQL database (Amazon DynamoDB)
- Experience with Containers, Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure or other cloud computing platforms.
- Familiarity with big data analytics and visualizations.
- This position is located in Atlanta, Georgia.
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.