- 26-Jul-2022 to 10-Feb-2023 (EST)
- AA10405010 - Mobile Engineering
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Market Competitive Pay
- Full Time
This position offers the following benefits: Medical insurance, Prescription insurance, Healthcare Advocacy, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal/Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Bonus(es). After one year of service, can elect to participate in 401(k). These are our current benefit offerings for the 2022 plan year and are subject to change without notice.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
- The Principal Engineer Cabin Stress will apply knowledge of engineering principles, theories, concepts, industry practices and standards to deliver high quality design engineering solutions while assuring procedural compliance within assigned engineering project teams.
- Perform detailed stress analysis of cabin or cargo components, by classical hand analysis as well as Finite Element methods, to support the structural design efforts of new and modified components from the conceptual phase to development and certification.
- Generate stress substantiation reports.
- Develop or review structural qualification plans in accordance with Airbus standards and regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve vendor drawings, stress reports, and test reports when delegated.
- Coordinate with design engineers, team lead, suppliers and technical management personnel to assure that the design meets or exceeds the project deliverables and complies with the regulatory requirements.
- Participate in regularly scheduled design reviews, and is responsible to present stress findings and challenge design solutions.
- Develop research plans and participate in industry committees at company's request. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of Structural Mechanics in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality, performance, costs of the company product.
- Compile and generate progress reports to convey deliverable objectives.
- Provide guidance to junior level stress engineers with regards to analysis methods, process or tools.
- Develop project plan, organize and prioritize work contents including managing engineering service providers
- Lead Improvement projects within engineering teams including digitalization and automation of workflow processes
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience in Aerostructures with a BS Engineering degree or 8 years with MS Engineering degree, with at least 5 or more of those years directly related to Cabin and/or Cargo stress analysis.
- Clear and in-depth knowledge of FAA and/or EASA aircraft structural requirements pertaining to static, dynamic and occupant safety requirements.
- Experienced in developing material strength allowables for metals and composites in accordance with Industry standards
- Experienced in static analysis (FE and free-body)
- Capability in developing or interrogating FE models using Hyperwork Suites, Nastran, Patran.
- Ability to write reports, technical memorandums, interface agreements, work statements and requirements documents using good technical English.
- Ability to effectively manage projects independently, plan deliverables, present information to customers, both internal & external.
- Ability to lead projects and people effectively.
- Possess programming and/or automation skills (C++, Python, VBA, RPA, etc)
- Able to utilize Google Suite Products and Project Management tools
Education / Special Qualifications:
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree (B.S) in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.