- 11-Nov-2020 to Until Filled (PST)
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Full Time
Under the leadership of our new Director of Maintenance, we are seeking a new Experienced A&P Mechanic to join our team!
This position is based in Hillsboro, OR!
Aero Air, a premier aviation company at the Portland-Hillsboro airport, is seeking an experienced A&P Aircraft Maintenance Lead Technician. Relocation reimbursement consideration available.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervises and performs all airframe, power plant and propeller repairs and modifications required to meet company and FAA requirements.
- Performs routine inspections and troubleshooting.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Estimates projected man-hours for individual repairs/inspections.
- Assist Program Manager as required in completion of maintenance forecast, gathering of technical data, and customer communications.
- Act in Program Managers stead in their absence.
- Coordinates all activities with upper management.
- Accurately completes all required maintenance records.
- Operates all tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Presents a clean and neat work area to our customers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance required to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to prepare work schedules, assign personnel, monitor time off and overtime.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with the customer is required.
- Need to be Customer Service minded.
- Able to service, repair, and overhaul aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Reads and interprets manufacturer's and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Minimum 6-10 years' experience.
- Required to be licensed by FAA.
- Leadership experience helpful.
- High level of initiative and commitment.
- Excellent performance and attendance history.
- Support management decisions and lead by example.
- Ability to positively influence others.
- Advocate for Aero Air's culture of excellence and customer service.
- Prefer experience with Learjet and Pilatus aircraft.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Green Card Holder.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Favorable results from pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Aero Air offers a great benefits package which includes medical, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) with a 3% employer contribution.
Aero Air, prohibits discrimination of the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans status.