ADS, Inc. is looking for exceptionally talented Inside Sales professionals with the tenacity and enthusiasm to drive sales growth for the leading operational equipment and supply chain solutions provider to the United States government. Ideal ADS candidates are intelligent, committed, positive, creative, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and enjoy working as part of a team.
Please watch this video to learn more about ADS Inc! http://bit.ly/ADS_Mission
Job Title: Inside Sales Representative - Navy
Location: (ADS HQ Not Remote) Virginia Beach, VA
Purpose: Our Mission at ADS Inc. is to actively seek our customers' equipment and logistical challenges and deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions. As we focus on growing our business, our Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for maintaining relationships with customers by providing pricing information, procurement guidance, and legendary service to our customers and suppliers. As the ADS Navy Inside Sales Representative, you will be given all the tools to become an expert at providing procurement guidance and suggesting the best equipment on the market to better equip the warfighter, so every hero comes home.
Job Functions: While continually learning, collaborating, and partnering with all your Navy team members, together you will drive Navy sales and company growth. You will develop relationships with government customers at all levels: end-users, supply officers, KOs, etc. while creatively addressing your customers' problems, building custom solutions, and being their true resource through the acquisition process.
- Create revenue in an assigned territory by developing relationships with military & government customers, partnering with Regional Account Managers to identify customer needs, assessing customer situations, and providing customized solutions.
- Inside Account Managers are expected to develop a strong understanding of territory and white space for targeted growth.
- Some cold calling will be required when prospecting to find new customers and contacts within a region. Also responsible for expanding sales with existing accounts as well.
- Responsible for generating a pipeline of opportunities to make the annual goals, research products, and work with vendors to make product suggestions based on the customer's mission needs.
- Work with vendors to negotiate preferred pricing & advise customers on the selection of proper funding or contract vehicles.
- Understand and articulate viable purchasing methods for the customer and assist the customer in determining which method is best for their mission and budget.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, as they will be held responsible for contractual regulations passed on from the customer through awarded contracts, some of which may be multi-million dollar contracts. Provide legendary customer service by responding to requests via phone, email, or in person.
- Successful candidates will be highly organized and able to demonstrate a track record of great follow-through.
- Must be able to develop excellent relationships with customer base while still managing high volume of processing activities
HOURS: 8 to 5 on the phone and email contacting customers, but extended hours are necessary when the customer needs arise. Some travel may be required for Trade Shows and occasional customer meetings.
- 2 years of sales experience, non-call center telephone sales desired (B-to-B or B-to-G preferred).
- Must be able to operate in a completely unscripted environment 2 years of customer service experience 2 years' experience MS Office, particularly Excel & Outlook.
- Must be able to creatively assess problems and provide solutions. Bachelor's Degree required though prior military or government experience may be substituted at hiring manager's discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be willing and able to talk to new people with ease.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and organized, able to manage competing priorities with relative comfort.
- Please be aware, all candidates accepting a position in Inside Sales will be expected to remain in their position for a minimum of two years prior to being allowed to apply for an internal transfer. Management reserves the right to make exceptions to this policy for business necessities.
Please note: As required in Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all covered employees and new hires must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, or by start date if later, unless otherwise qualified for legal medical or religious accommodation. Adequate vaccination documentation will be required.
ADS believes that a diverse work environment leads to bigger thinking and more creative solutions to our customers problems and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identification, national origin or any other legally protected characteristic. We strive to represent our community with a workforce diverse in gender and ethnicity. We actively seek out veterans and the disabled for opportunities at ADS.