Job Title: Dance Instructor
Reports to: Dance Coordinator
Job Class: Regular Part Time, non-exempt
Salary: $12 - $14 an hour DOQ
Reporting to the Dance Coordinator, the Dance Instructor is responsible for conducting various dance programs.
Schedule: Varies, depending on class offerings. Saturday and Sunday mornings with possible weekday night shifts. Not to exceed 19 hours per week.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely instruct tot and youth dance classes of various styles and intensities.
- Follow all required safety guidelines of the Park District.
- Must be able to follow directions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently in day-to-day operations with general direction of the Dance Coordinator.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere, while promoting the Park District's mission statement, vision, and core values.
- Ability to maintain self-control and composure in difficult situations.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and/or supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Possess enthusiasm and drive with a desire to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Current Adult CPR/AED certification.
- General knowledge in dance styles.
- Ability to act as substitute instructor on short notice.
- Trained in at least ballet, tap, and jazz.
Environmental & Physical Demands
- Indoor work environment with possibility for outdoor instruction.