Under the direction and supervision of the Corporate Events Manager, the Event Host is responsible for setting up, conducting, and cleaning up for events. The Event Host is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined below.
Job Class: Regular Part Time, Non-exempt
Work Hours: Variable hours depending on events. Times split between Event Hosts.
General Events Times: M-F 5pm-11pm, Sat-Sun 8am 11pm.
Up to 19 hours per week
Compensation: $11.00 an hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as onsite Event Supervisor for all club competitions, birthday and other parties, corporate events, business meetings, religious meetings and/or events, and other special events programmed through the Addison Park District. Events may be conducted indoors or outdoors.
- Answers phones, takes registrations, completes paperwork, and filing.
- Prepares room/facility for event use which included, but is not limited to, performing set-ups and take-downs, completing required cleanings, and ensuring building is opened and closed before and after the event.
- Interacts effectively and professionally with both with members of the public and internal employees for events.
- Provides rental information on all rental locations in the Addison Park District.
- Responds to all safety and emergency situations following all required protocols and notifying necessary staff.
- Attends all regularly scheduled meetings or trainings.
- Performs other related duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (Some college preferred).
- 18 years of age or older for non-alcohol serving events. 21 years of age or older for alcohol serving events.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- CPR and AED certified within (6) months of hiring (District provided).
- Bi-Lingual preferred.
- Ability to interact positively with the public.
- Ability to follow directions and communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make decisions objectively based on customer service.
- Ability to work independently in day-to-day operations with general direction of the Corporate Event Manager.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere, while promoting the Park District's mission statement, vision and core values.
- Ability to maintain self-control and composure in difficult situations.
- Ability to recognize priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and/or supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Possess enthusiasm and drive with a desire to accomplish goals and objectives.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Requires sitting, standing, and occasional lifting. May require lifting up to 25 lbs. to set up and stage areas for events.
- Will be required to work indoors and outdoors, which may lead to hot and cold weather and related outdoor conditions, noise, dust, etc, when working throughout the facilities.