- Summit, IL, USA
- Full Time
- Job Summary
Proactively leads the quality control / assurance practices and procedures for the Plant in accordance with ACH Food Companies, Inc. parameters and FDA/SQF requirements to maintain 100% food safety and product consistency. This leadership position will be responsible for the development and implementation of the quality systems, policies, and procedures necessary to establish and maintain the Plant Facility as a world class packaging operation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates and implements written quality control standards and procedures for all products including establishing regular testing parameters on raw materials through finished goods.
- Develops standards for incoming raw materials to ensure compliance with ACH Quality requirements and FDA regulations with input from Corporate QA.
- Implements procedures and processes to ensure that certificates of quality analysis from raw materials vendor are current and on file.
- Develops and implements testing methodology and procedures on raw materials for quality and contamination as directed by Corporate QA and internal historical data by vendor.
- Supervises the procurement and retention of finished goods sample bank.
- Performs statistical analysis for regular reporting on finished good quality, and consumer complaints.
- Supervises testing of finished goods batches for match to standards and non-compliance.
- Ensures that Food Safety systems are in place and are verified and validated on all finished goods. Leads the Food Safety system team toward all improvements in the system.
- Responsible for the enforcement of ACH Product Hold / Release and recall traceability Policy and Procedures. Reports status of material on hold on a regular basis.
- Reviews consumer complaint log on regular basis and determines actionable items and required next-step activity.
- Assists in ensuring high quality bag seals, multi pack packaging, case packs and pallet pack outs for delivery to end customers.
- Ensures that systems are in place to confirm that all existing products meet requirements for label accuracy, product coding, shelf life, and product safety.
- Ensures compliance with FDA, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), SQF, and rabbinical certification or other required manufacturing practices.
- Reviews, updates, and communicates ACH Food Companies, Inc. GMP Policy, Certificates of Analyses (CofA's) and MSDS documents.
- Maintains Plant leadership role for all food quality and safety audits, both internal and external.
- Develops and provides education and direction to operating personnel as to quality standards and practices.
- Directs, manages and audits all sanitation practices and procedures. Develops new or modified practices and provides necessary training and communications. Conducts regular assessments of sanitation practices.
- Directs and supervises activities related to pest control program.
- Lead, supports and maintains the plant Food Safety & Security policies and procedures. The backup for this position's responsibility is the quality coordinator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable in lab safety, FSMA, and SQF regulations and standards.
- Ability to communicate complex or difficult subject matter to all levels of operations personnel in an effective and distinct manner.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis methods and tools.
- Ability to apply sound judgment and problem-solving skills to solve complex quality and operational problems in a timely fashion.
Bachelor's degree with major in Food Sciences, Chemistry, or related field is required.
(Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in a food or beverage quality environment including a minimum of 3 years direct supervisory experience.
PC literate with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. MS Access design experience is preferred.
Experience with SAP Quality and Quality Specification Systems preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
SQF Practitioner, PCQI required or ability to attain within 6 months of hire date.