Marketing Communications Coordinator (MCC202209)
Location: Downtown Toronto
Type: 6-month Contract (possibility of extension)
Experience: 2+ years
Education: A degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or related field
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
About Able Innovations
We are a dynamic team of mission-driven individuals who want to make a positive impact on people's lives. Located in Downtown Toronto, we design and build robotic technology that will have a transformative impact on our society's most vulnerable, their caregivers, as well as healthcare operators.
The problem of transfers (between beds, stretchers, etc.) is one that many of us face/will face as we lose our mobility - whether it is through aging or disability. Today, patient transfers are highly unsafe, inefficient, and undignified. At Able, we are reimagining this process by developing cutting-edge technology - and with the aging demographic, COVID-19, and increasing front-line staff burnout- we are doing it at a time it is needed the most.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for mission-driven team members who are up for a challenge. We prioritize the personal development of our staff and offer opportunities to grow and learn. Working at Able Innovations comes with an excellent team dynamic, comprehensive health benefits, competitive compensation, and personal and professional growth opportunities.
About the position
The need for our technology has never been greater, and to meet this need, we have assembled an excellent team with individuals driven to deliver technology for good. We are in pursuit of greatness and expect the same of our employees. We are looking for new team members who are driven, passionate, hard-working, and focused on doing 'great' things.
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic marketing communications professional to serve as a core member of our team. As a candidate, you are a resourceful self-starter with plenty of hustle. You thrive in a start-up environment and can make things happen. You will actively promote Able Innovations' brand and its standing as a global leader in hospital innovations by supporting marketing efforts. You will be assisting our Marketing and Sales executives with the day-to-day functions of running the business. The successful candidate must meet the responsibilities and skills outlined below:
- Lead the project coordination of multiple marketing communications initiatives in an evolving and fast-paced work environment
- Collaborates with sales or marketing representatives to fully understand product and communication needs.
- Responsible for writing and/or coordinating various corporate communications: including newsletters, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter), internal and external communications, media pitches, web content, blogs, brochure, and other marketing collateral.
- Provide a range of ad-hoc marketing support such as market research, event communications, etc.
- Develops filming scripts and production.
- Assist in developing website content such as product and company videos, posters, etc.
- Assist in building a database of conferences, competitions, grants, etc. to target marketing efforts, as well as expand our reach
- May perform other duties as assigned with the nature and level of the job
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the candidate will work closely with the Marketing and Sales executives to undertake tasks, activities, and responsibilities deemed important to this position.
Required Skills and experience:
- A degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related
- A creative mind with superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Experience in writing communications for print, digital, and social media (Twitter, LinkedIn) with SEO capabilities
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Understanding the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and web editing packages.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing materials to support Able Innovations
Please submit your resume and cover letter in a single pdf document with the naming format "MCC202209_Firstname_Lastname".