Start date: Immediately
Experience: 3-7 years
Education: Completed BASc in Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering
Note- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; you are encouraged to apply early.
About Able Innovations
We build dynamic robotic platforms that push the technical envelope to deliver products and services capable of transforming healthcare delivery. We are developing smart, robust, and well-integrated systems that are easy to use, practical, and delivered at a massive scale.
The needs of our healthcare system and its staff are rising at an unprecedented rate due to the aging demographic and the fallout of COVID-19. The act of transferring individuals and patients (i.e., between beds, stretchers, etc.) places a disproportionate strain on staff and resources, causing injuries and inefficiencies. At Able Innovations, we are focused on automating this process of patient transfers and have a vision of one day being able to use the same technology to provide independence to anyone who today depends on assistance to be transferred.
About the position
The need for our technology has never been greater, and to meet this need, we have assembled an excellent team with individuals driven to develop technology for good. We are in pursuit of greatness and expect the same of our employees. We are looking for new team members who are driven, passionate and hard-working. As a mechatronics engineer, you will play a crucial role in product development including detailed design and prototyping. The candidate will have the opportunity to influence the direction of the company and product, as well as can take on a leadership role. The candidate must be passionate about their work with a 'do whatever-it-takes attitude". The candidate must also have excellent interpersonal abilities to act as a representative of Able Innovations in front of customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- A 4-year Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics or other relevant discipline
- 3 - 7 years of professional work experience in a relevant technical field
- Excellent knowledge of SolidWorks CAD software (2-5 years experience)
- Computer based structural analysis (ANSYS, SolidWorks Simulation or similar)
- Experience generating engineering drawings including GD&T Principles
- Working knowledge of electromechanical systems including motors and drive trains
- Experience programming embedded devices
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Self-Motivated with ability to work independently
- Diligent work ethic
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to interface with 3rd parties as a representative of Able Innovations
- Robotics or medical device background would be an asset
- Individuals with extracurricular experience (not just through coursework) demonstrating interest in engineering design or med-tech field.
- Knowledge of composite materials
- Past startup experience considered a bonus
- Flexible work schedule
- Basic firmware development and/or circuit design
Please submit resume, cover letter and questionnaire as a single PDF document with the naming format "JME202112_Firstname_Lastname". Feel free to include any relevant projects/portfolio.