Embedded Firmware Developer (JFD202112)
Start date: Immediate
Experience: 3-5 years
Education: Completed BASc in Mechatronics, Software, or a relevant engineering field
About Able Innovations
We build dynamic robotic platforms that push the technical envelope to deliver products and services capable of transforming healthcare delivery. We are developing smart, robust, and well-integrated systems that are easy to use, practical, and delivered at a massive scale.
The needs of our healthcare system and its staff are rising at an unprecedented rate due to the aging demographic and the fallout of COVID-19. The act of transferring individuals and patients (i.e., between beds, stretchers, etc.) places a disproportionate strain on staff and resources, causing injuries and inefficiencies. At Able Innovations, we are focused on automating this process of patient transfers and have a vision of one day being able to use the same technology to provide independence to anyone who today depends on assistance to be transferred.
About the position
The need for our technology has never been greater, and to meet this need, we have assembled an excellent team with individuals driven to develop technology for good. We are in pursuit of greatness and expect the same of our employees. We are looking for new team members who are driven, passionate and hard-working. The candidate will play an important role in product development, including detailed design and prototyping.
This is a broad-ranging position, and the candidate will have the opportunity to work on integral aspects of the product design ranging from sensor integration, 3D Design, firmware, algorithm development, IoT capabilities, data collection/processing, and/or machine learning. The candidate must be passionate about their work with a 'do whatever-it-takes attitude". The candidate will have an influence on the direction of the company and product from this point onwards.
- Must have completed a 4-year engineering degree in Mechatronics or other relevant discipline
- Must have a working knowledge of control systems theory and its applications
- Programming language C/C++, Python.
- Must have exposure to physical, ideally mechatronics systems, not just computer-based software development
- Basic knowledge of working and interfacing with various types of sensors to provide feedback for a control system
- Working knowledge of algorithm development to inform software-based decisions
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work independently
- Diligent work ethic
- Robotics or medical device background
- Individuals with extracurricular experience (not just through coursework) demonstrating interest in engineering design or med-tech fields.
- Working knowledge of machine learning algorithms
- Past Startup experience
Please submit your resume and cover letter as a single PDF document with the naming format "JFD202112_Firstname_Lastname". Feel free to include any relevant projects/portfolios.