Location: Downtown Toronto
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Start date: Immediately
Experience: Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors, and testers
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Able Innovations
We build dynamic robotic platforms that push the technical envelope to deliver products and services capable of transforming healthcare delivery. We are developing smart, robust, and well-integrated systems that are easy to use, practical, and delivered at a massive scale.
The needs of our healthcare system and its staff are rising at an unprecedented rate due to the aging demographic and the fallout of COVID-19. The act of transferring individuals and patients (i.e., between beds, stretchers, etc.) places a disproportionate strain on staff and resources, causing injuries and inefficiencies. At Able Innovations, we are focused on automating this process of patient transfers and have a vision of one day being able to use the same technology to provide independence to anyone who today depends on assistance to be transferred.
About the position
The need for our technology has never been greater, and to meet this need, we have assembled an excellent team with individuals driven to develop technology for good. We are in pursuit of greatness and expect the same of our employees. We are looking for new team members who are driven, passionate and hard-working. The candidate will play an important role in product development, including prototyping and assembly.
- Knowledge of safe workplace practices when working with equipment
- Must enjoy being hands-on
- Motivated with a strong work ethic
- Experience with the fabrication of metal components including lathes, drills, etc.
- Knowledge engineering principles
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge of MS office suite as well as Google Docs and Google sheets
- Conduct troubleshooting and testing on products
- Track product validation plan and progress
- Assemble prototype units and provide feedback
- Operate devices for demonstrations
- Occasionally fabricate jigs, fixtures or parts for reworking
- Individuals with extracurricular experience (not just through coursework) demonstrating interest in engineering design or the med-tech field.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as a single PDF document with the naming format "JMT202112_Firstname_Lastname". Feel free to include any relevant projects/portfolios.
Able Innovations is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace. All aspects of employment are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, ethnic origin, marital status, age, place of origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, creed, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, record of offenses, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.