Start date: 30th June
Experience: 0-1 years
Education: Completed BASc in Mechatronics Engineering
Note- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, you are encouraged to apply early.
About Able Innovations
We build dynamic robotic platforms that push the technical envelope to deliver products and services capable of transforming healthcare delivery. We are developing smart, robust, and well-integrated systems that are easy to use, practical, and delivered at a massive scale.
The needs of our healthcare system and its staff are rising at an unprecedented rate due to the aging demographic and the fallout of COVID-19. The act of transferring individuals and patients (i.e., between beds, stretchers, etc.) places a disproportionate strain on staff and resources, causing injuries and inefficiencies. At Able Innovations, we are focused on automating this process of patient transfers and have a vision of one day being able to use the same technology to provide independence to anyone who today depends on assistance to be transferred.
About the position
The need for our technology has never been greater, and to meet this need, we have assembled an excellent team with individuals driven to develop technology for good. We are in pursuit of greatness and expect the same of our employees. We are looking for new team members who are driven, passionate and hard-working. The candidate will play an important role in product development, including detailed design and prototyping.
This is a broad-ranging position, and the candidate will have the opportunity to work on integral aspects of the product design ranging from sensor integration, 3D Design, firmware, algorithm development, IoT capabilities, data collection/processing, and/or machine learning. The candidate must be passionate about their work with a 'do whatever-it-takes attitude". The candidate will have the opportunity to take on a permanent role in the company and have an influence on the direction of the company and product from this point onwards.
- Must have completed a 4-year engineering degree in Mechatronics or other relevant disciplines
- Knowledge of SolidWorks CAD software as well as structural analysis
- Experience generating engineering drawings including GD&T Principles
- Experience programming embedded devices
- Ability to interface multiple sensors and drivers, develop control systems and feedback loops
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Assembly, MATLAB, C
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
- Robotics or medical device background
- Individuals with extracurricular experience (not just through coursework) demonstrating interest in engineering design or the med-tech field.
- Knowledge of composite materials
- Past startup experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Basic firmware development and/or circuit design
Attributes of a successful candidate:
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Diligent work ethic
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to interface with 3rd parties as a representative of Able Innovations
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and any relevant projects/portfolio when you submit your application.