- Abingdon, VA, USA
- 12 per hour
- Part Time
Full Job Description
Purpose and Objective of the Position
The Meadows Support Staff will be responsible for performing a variety of skilled tasks in connection with the maintenance of athletic fields. Work involves performing specialized and exacting duties in marking and otherwise preparing the field for football, baseball, soccer, field hockey, field events for track and other sports. Operates and maintains vehicles and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
- Performs field set-up, installing bases and pitching mounds, lining and general maintenance for all types of athletics fields to conform with standard rules and dimensions for each sport and knowledge of materials and methods used.
- Maintains turf and all areas by mowing, trimming, edging, fertilizing, aerating, seeding sodding, irrigation, topdressing, grading, dragging, managing irrigation system, and removal of trash.
- Operates equipment such as mowers, trucks, tractors, graders, sprayers, and tools such as chain saws and trimmers.
- Clean and organize all aspects of the recreation facility.
- Completes work orders and reports any irregularities to supervisors.
- Enforces all safety policies and procedures.
- Lines all athletic fields for practice and scheduled game events; while using the proper skills to perform in a satisfactory manner.
Town Of Abingdon https://abingdon.applicantpro.com