- 10-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- 40021-800 Engineering
- Mirabel, QC, CAN
- Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
From its first helicopter manufacturing facility in 1984 to the production of A220 Family single-aisle jetliners today, Airbus has significantly increased its presence in Canada.
Airbus' ties to Canada were deepened in October 2017 when Airbus sought to acquire a majority stake in the C Series Aircraft Limited Partnership (renamed Airbus Canada Limited Partnership in June 2019), the entity that manufactures and sells Bombardier's single-aisle C Series jets- rebranded the A220 Family, with its two versions designated the A220-100 and A220-300. The partnership markets, manufactures and supports the A220 Family worldwide.
In your role, you will:
- As a part of a specialized group within the engineering team you will be supporting the A220 aircraft program in the capacity of Materials and Process specialist
- Provide primary technical expertise and leadership in resolving Design, Certification, and Compliance issues interacting with the Suppliers, Operations, Quality, Service Engineering, Customer Support and Supply Chain departments
- Work in a Multi-Functional Team on cost reduction opportunities, work on structural modifications and ensure that designs meet all material and processes requirements
- Perform technical reviews and approval of Engineering Drawings, on material properties, surface finish, heat treatment and other chemical properties
- Ensure redesign activities meet environmental regulations impacting A220
- Provide clear visibility to management of the status and/or emerging issues related to the supported activities
- Work in close collaboration with Liaison Engineers by providing timely M&P technical expertise / dispositions to a variety of manufacturing and assembly issues
- Engage with the M&P Core specialists (Airbus Commercial) team offsite to resolve key technical issues
- Exchange information and collaborate with other FAL sites (Mobile) to ensure sharing of technical knowledge
- Document dispositions on M&P work files
This job opening is from Monday to Friday (40 hours), however you will be asked to support the evening shift as well as the weekends on a rotation basis for MRB support.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a degree in materials, mechanical or chemical engineering
- You have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Aerospace industry directly related to finish and surface treatment of metallic and composites materials use in Aircraft Structures. Previous experience with certification of a new aircraft is an asset
- You have an extended knowledge in the materials used in the aerospace industry, understand the mechanisms of wear, corrosion and are at ease with aerospace materials assembly and protection methods
- You have hands-on experience with one or more of the following fields:
- Good understanding of aerospace surface finishing, including plating, anodizing, and organic finishing
- Aerospace fasteners selection, qualification, and installation requirements and finish
- You are at ease with aerospace industry standards such as SAE ASTM, and OEM specifications, exposure to Federal and Military specifications could be an asset
- You have shown strong leadership, problem solving, project, and time/priority management skills in your past assignments
- You have excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English and have good understanding of French
- You are able to work in a cross functional team environment and interact on a daily basis with other professionals and technicians
- You have a good working knowledge of computer software such as CATIA, Enovia, and Microsoft Office
- You have Material Review Board (MRB) experience
Please upload your resume in French and English.
As a leader in our field, Airbus Canada Limited Partnership provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for North American positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment.