- 21-Mar-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- 30110-800 Engineering
- Mirabel, QC, CAN
- Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
From its first helicopter manufacturing facility in 1984 to the production of A220 Family single-aisle jetliners today, Airbus has significantly increased its presence in Canada.
Airbus' ties to Canada were deepened in October 2017 when Airbus sought to acquire a majority stake in the C Series Aircraft Limited Partnership (renamed Airbus Canada Limited Partnership in June 2019), the entity that manufactures and sells Bombardier's single-aisle C Series jets- rebranded the A220 Family, with its two versions designated the A220-100 and A220-300. The partnership markets, manufactures and supports the A220 Family worldwide.
Description of the job
As part of the A220 Engineering group, reporting into the Aircraft and System Integration Team, the successful candidate will act as EEDA (Electronic Equipment Design Assurance) Engineering Specialist and Project Coordinator for activities related to EEDA.
In your role, you will:
- Ensure, by design and documentation reviews and process audits, that suppliers of electronic equipment follow established industry Development Assurance regulatory guidelines, and sound engineering practices, in developing airborne embedded Software and Airborne Electronic Hardware (AEH), such that their products are safe and certifiable
- Attend design reviews, review supplier documentation, and participate in audits on suppliers' Software and AEH development products & processes
- Plan and coordinate the work by EEDA specialists and the EEDA Service Provider in support to the Systems Work Packages
- Collect measurements and provide metrics to support the development and preparation of regular visibility reports related to project execution as well as oversight activity results
- Manage and support the maintenance of EEDA Processes and Work Instructions.
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a University degree in Engineering (or equivalent) with 3 to 7 years of experience in the aerospace industry
- You have knowledge of airworthiness and design assurance processes and requirements
- You have knowledge of and experience with the following: Development Assurance Systems, ARP-4754A, DO-178B/C, DO-254
- You display strong interpersonal and professional demeanor as a business representative of the company
- Direct experience in safety analysis and/or software design assurance is an asset
- You have good oral and writing skills in English, which are required
- You possess the ability to work with minimum supervision, be a team player, be able to work on various projects simultaneously, and have project organization skills. You must also be a person with initiative, strong sense of responsibility and good engineering judgment.
Please upload your resume in French and English.
As a leader in our field, Airbus Canada Limited Partnership provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for North American positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment.