- Santa Barbara, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k
Sonatech, LLC is a premier undersea acoustics engineering and manufacturing company. With a focus on supplying advanced SONAR solutions for the US Navy, our technical expertise, customized design capabilities and diverse manufacturing abilities have led to Sonatech products being deployed on virtually every class of underwater Navy system currently in operation.
Located in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA five minutes from the beach, we pride ourselves as having a culture of innovation as well as first-class customer service. Sonatech has a challenging and rewarding work environment where employees have the opportunity to develop their careers by taking on new responsibilities and providing innovative solutions.
Job summary: The Deputy Program Manager will support critical company programs servicing Government and commercial customers in a fast-paced design and manufacturing environment. This position will support Program Managers in the daily operations of programs with multiple concurrent tasks, hardware deliverables, and reporting requirements. As a small business, Sonatech relies on the capabilities and good judgement of our staff. Employees retain a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Support programs of varying size and complexity involving research and development, engineering, prototyping, manufacturing, testing, product demonstrations, and customer field support
- Work with the Project Managers to develop plans, Statements of Work (SOWs), specifications, operating budgets, schedules, and milestones
- Work with the manufacturing team to produce hardware deliverables on schedule and under budget
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that programs maintain all company and program quality standards
- Work with the Contracts and Program Finance teams on cost and time tracking, invoicing, and contract compliance (DCMA, DCAA)
- Plan and allocate program resources (labor, material, equipment) to meet program schedules, milestones, and deliverables; analyze resource loading and adjust/deconflict as needed to avoid resource overloading
- Identify and predict schedule, resource, and/or budget problems, and offer solutions
- Identify technical, schedule, budget, staffing, and security risks; identify and implement risk mitigation measures
- Track progress toward program master plans, program schedules, budgets, requirements, and deliverables; identify problems and offer solutions
- Track program-related hardware (location, disposition, serial numbers, etc.)
- Document program progress, including periodic customer progress reports and end-of-program final reports
- Contribute to proposal efforts
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills, particularly with technical reports
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Clearance; active or previous Security Clearance is desired
- Program management experience (direct or in a supporting role)
- Experience with Navy programs, Naval operations, Navy user groups, and Naval terminology
- Experience working with Navy and/or marine electronic systems, particularly SONAR, acoustic positioning, acoustic telemetry, transducers/hydrophones
- Technical expertise in systems engineering, electrical engineering, or another engineering discipline
- Experience in manufacturing and/or inventory tracking
- Experience with Government contracts and/or Government regulations (e.g. Federal Acquisition Regulations System)
- Experience using Microsoft Project or comparable program management software
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management (EVM)
Sonatech is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.