- Santa Barbara, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k
Sonatech, LLC is a premier undersea acoustics engineering and manufacturing company. With a focus on supplying advanced Sonar solutions for the US Navy, our technical expertise, customized design capabilities and diverse manufacturing abilities have led to the deployment of Sonatech products on virtually every class of underwater Navy system currently in operation.
Located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California, we pride ourselves on having a culture of innovation as well as first-class customer service. Sonatech offers a challenging and rewarding work environment where employees have the opportunity to enhance their careers by taking on new responsibilities and providing innovative solutions.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Quality Control Inspector maintains quality standards by examining and approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; and recording quality results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performance of inspections of sub-assembly and final assembly items during both manufacturing and engineering prototype cycles through use of manufacturing travelers, work instructions, assembly drawings/parts lists, wiring diagrams, test procedures, etc., ensuring product meets or exceeds all required specifications or parameters
- Approves acceptability or rejects for rework or retest
- Generates non-conforming reports for rejected items requiring repair or non-standard rework
- Reviews all in-process and final test data ensuring specified parameters are met
- QC witness for various tests and manufacturing operations as required
- Maintains operator accept/reject history identifying areas of concern where training can be focused
- Familiarity with electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies and components
- Capable of reading drawings, wiring diagrams, parts lists/BOMs etc.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Energetic team player
- Detail oriented
- U.S. Citizenship
- Proven experience as QC inspector or relevant role
- Familiar with the use of calipers, micrometers, continuity checkers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, and similar equipment
- Training in or familiarity with IPC-A-610 Soldering and Workmanship requirements
Sonatech is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.