- Southampton, PA, USA
- Full Time
Great benefits (health, dental, vision, disability, 401k, PTO)
The Production Supervisor oversees and executes all production lines in support of the overall production operation of lawn and garden equipment and associated inventory management.
SPECIFIC & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and participates in daily operations and activities.
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates the performance of assemblers and leads.
- Ensures production schedule supports operations' goals of earned hours and that production lines are well staffed. Works with HR on recruiting and adjusting staffing levels as needed.
- Monitors employees to ensure that all inventory related transactions are properly completed in Oracle.
- Maintains skills matrix to support cross training initiatives and career progression.
- Performs and maintains cycle counts and random audit process.
- Establish Production practices and protocols to achieve an efficient warehouse.
- Sets team goals in collaboration with executive management and other team leads.
- Participates/leads Kaizen (continuous improvement events) in support of improvement initiatives.
- Analyzes processes and procedures to implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Observes health and safety regulations; maintains warehouse in a clean, safe, and orderly condition. Ensures all OSHA safety requirements are adhered to.
- Assists management in establishing warehouse standards and procedures; advise of budget-related needs.
- Manages employee time keeping records, including PTO requests to support production goals.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- 3+ years production and supervisory experience in a progressive manufacturing facility.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the abilities to set goals, motivate and manage conflict
- Effective communication skills, including writing, speaking and active listening
- Great interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills, including strong decision-making, problem-solving and strategic planning abilities
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- In-depth understanding of industry and company best practices for the warehouse
- Familiarity inventory control practices and logistics
- Comfortable using inventory management software and other organizational computer applications
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ERP Systems (Oracle preferred)