- Southampton, PA, USA
- Full Time
Great benefits (health, dental, vision, disability, 401k, PTO)
Come join our energized company manufacturing some of the world's most sought-after lawn and garden care equipment!
The Senior Buyer/Purchasing Manager is responsible for leading a team of buyers to prepare and execute procurement contracts for basic products and services in support of the operational needs of the organization. The position oversees the planning and material functions to ensure timely delivery.
Specific job duties to include:
- Procure build-to-print components, assemblies and/or services.
- Prepare electronic solicitations, review proposals, issue purchase orders.
- Ensure timely delivery to schedule.
- Monitor supplier performance.
- Source and select suppliers for specific components.
- Conduct informal negotiations.
- Issue blanket agreements and service agreement orders.
- Perform supplier audits and commodity analysis to reduce costs and quantity of suppliers.
- Expedite commodities when necessary.
- Interface with engineering, finance, marketing and quality control.
- Support and participate in Lean processes and initiatives.
- Develop strong supplier and inter-departmental relationships.
- Monitor performance, develop and train the purchasing team.
- Be a resource to the team for issues and support as needed.
- Set inventory goals in terms of inventory "turns" and work plans to execute.
- Guide department and play leadership role in the physical inventory process.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 5+years experience in operations and procurement
- CPM and/or CPIM Certification preferred
- Experience with basic information technology (Word, Excel, E-mail, Internet). Experience with ERP systems (Oracle Preferred)