- Southampton, PA, USA
- Full Time
Great benefits (health, dental, vision, disability, 401k, PTO)
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing process procedures designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Provides a safe, comfortable operating environment by directing installation, maintenance and repair of machines, tools, production equipment and utility systems.
SPECIFIC & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing processes, procedures, methods and tooling.
- Maintains all production and support equipment and facilities maintenance.
- Provide leadership through effective communication, coaching, training and development of direct reports.
- Analyzes and plans machine utilization, assembly line utilization, space requirements, workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace, and manpower needs for maximum efficiency and safety.
- Prepares and maintains facilities operational budget. Maintains department supply inventory.
- Coordinates and manages all contracted vendor services.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or tooling, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Formulates and designs workstations, sequences and production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes work instructions and training activities to enhance product quality and reliability.
- Assists in the investigation of customer complaints regarding quality and initiates corrective actions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Analyzes processes and procedures to implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Ensure all OSHA safety requirements are adhered to.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related degree required.
- 3+ years manufacturing engineering and supervisory experience in a progressive manufacturing facility.
- Conflict Management
- Action Oriented
- Function/Technical Skills
- Process Management
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Subordinates include Manufacturing Engineer, Maintenance and Janitorial employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Microsoft Office Suite Skills, ERP Experience (Oracle Preferred)
Good Communication Skills