- Southampton, PA, USA
- Full Time
Great benefits (health, dental, vision, disability, 401k, PTO)
The IT Administrator is responsible for the welfare of the Schiller computing environment, including setup, configuration, administration and maintenance of various hardware and software. This position would also assist in developing and documenting user instructions and best practices, as well as IT internal standards and guidelines. This position reports to the Manager of IT at Schiller Grounds Care.
- Maintains integrity and reliability of systems and services through the adherence to procedures and standards.
- Maintain computer systems in good working condition including troubleshooting and resolving system problems, both hardware and software, as required.
- Acts as primary liaison between Information Technology department and multiple business units.
- Experience using and supporting the entire suite of Microsoft Office 2013 through O365 applications.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; takes a customer-centric approach to problem solving; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; sets goals and objectives; uses time efficiently; communicates activities and results as appropriate.
- Develop documentation for the user community and IT, such as FAQ, guidelines, IT standards.
- Support Network Manager with technical aspects such as network access, network connectivity, VM, Email, web-servers, PC and printer related issues and backup/DR procedures.
- Identifies opportunities for use of solutions to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
- Self-starter and largely self-managed.
- Strong Problem Solving/Analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Technical competencies in PC's, networking, servers, OS, telephony, information security and SaaS/Cloud-based technologies.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
Supervisory Responsibility None
Required Education and Experience
- A. S. Degree in Computer Science field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of IT Help Desk, or Networking (LAN/WAN) support.
- Very strong Microsoft Windows experience (both desktop and server versions)
- Microsoft Office Suite experience (version 2013 or later), O365 strongly preferred
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Experience in supporting end user computing environments
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role may also require the ability to operate in the manufacturing facility as needed.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires to be on-site in Southampton, PA unless approved otherwise.
Travel Some local and out-of-the-area travel is necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in production/manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience in mobile scanning technology.