The Network and Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day management, configuration, design and security of all end-computing, network and infrastructure for JEP Tech & Support and its affiliated companies, currently covering 10 locations and two data centers. This includes PC's, servers, perimeter devices, monitoring, authentication (including O365 and domain controllers) and an escalation point for other members of the JEP Tech & Support IT team.
Possible home office locations for this position include, Lancaster PA, Malvern PA, Southampton PA or Bay Minette AL. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Essential/Required Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, maintain and fix all PC and server infrastructure
- Create the reference image for PC's and Servers for other team members to deploy
- Update and maintain standards and systems to monitor critical infrastructure
- Monitor, maintain, fix, and enhance O365 Azure AD and on-prem domain infrastructure
- Monitor, maintain, fix and enhance perimeter infrastructure and SaaS/Cloud-based infrastructure to include security services (e.g., authentication, EDR/AV, etc.)
- Monitor, maintain, fix, and enhance LAN and WAN infrastructure at all sites to include circuits and vendor management
- Respond, as needed, to critical after-hours incidents and perform off-hours maintenance
- Manage and maintain IT tickets related to the infrastructure queue
- Consult and/or collaborate on backups, asset management, secure email, telephony, audio-visual, and other IT-related activities
- 5+ years in managing corporate networks and infrastructure
- Some experience with information security practices and procedures, including firewall management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Server (2012 and newer)
- Excellent knowledge of Office365
- Excellent knowledge in managing and monitoring PC's and Servers, including backups and deployment
- Excellent knowledge of troubleshooting/incident management of hardware and software
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, Cybereason EDR or Okta a strong plus
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to self-manage and self-direct
- Up to 10% domestic travel by car or air, as applicable.
- Frequently carry up to 20 lbs. and use hand dexterity and hand-eye coordination to handle cables and equipment.
- Occasionally lift up to 50lbs, work in small or restricted spaces for short periods of time, reach up, down and behind long narrow server and wiring cabinets, crawl on hands and knees under desks or similar.