- 07-Jul-2016 to Until Filled (MST)
- Police - Crossing Guards
- Ogden, UT, USA
Not eligible for Benefits
Employment Standards: Successful applicants must be able to respond to the job site within 10-15 minutes of notification. Proof of immediate ability for response may be required. Crossing guard or traffic control experience or experience working with children preferred, but not required. Must have a valid Utah driver's license.
Physical requirements: While performing duties, employee may be required to bend, stoop or crouch. Employee may occasionally be required to move up to 20 pounds. Job involves walking and standing for long periods of time; constant seeing and hearing are required for the job. This job is performed outside and is subject to heat, cold and wet conditions.
Knowledge of current Utah traffic laws; emergency procedures are desired but not required.
Essential Functions: Responsible individuals needed to cross children to and from school under the supervision of the Ogden City Crossing Guard Coordinator.
- Prepare school crossing zone using required equipment
- Cross children safely while watching traffic
- Remove crossing equipment (process is repeated two times a day)
- Travel to and from different location throughout the city
- Must be available Monday through Friday, mornings and afternoons during school hours, approximately three hours a day, up to five days a week
- Must provide own transportation to and from job sites
- Promotes and follows the City's mission statement, values and expectations
Sign Up For Job Alerts!