- 21-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (MST)
- Ogden, UT, USA
- 15.00-17.00 per hour Typically hire at bottom of the range, depending on qualifications
Not eligible for benefits
CEMETERY MAINTENANCE HELPER - PARKS DIVISION
DEPARTMENT: Public Services
WORK HOURS: Very Flexible Part-Time Schedules
Approximately April 1st to January 1st, weather and workload permitting.
Flexible schedules offered seven days a week from 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM.
RATE OF PAY: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications. Wage dependent on prior experience as a Cemetery Maintenance Helper.
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- MUST HAVE A VALID UTAH DRIVER's LICENSE
- Must be able to understand directions given from a crew lead or assigned supervisor.
- Must be able to perform a variety of entry level semi-skilled duties related to construction, installation, maintenance, upkeep, and repair of city parks, cemetery, grounds, facility grounds, trails, open space, and general environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCITONS
Works under the general supervision of the Parks and Cemetery Manager and Structural Maintenance Supervisor. Works under direct supervision of Cemetery Crew Lead and Maintenance Technicians. This position assists in the general maintenance and installation of city parks, cemetery, facility grounds, trails, and open space. Provides support to various special events and recreation activities. Performs other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Include but are not limited to prolonged standing, walking, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, and crawling.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Will be required to work in inclement weather conditions.
SCHEDULE & CREW RESPONSIBLITIES
- This crew typically works 5-8-hour shifts, Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM. (Schedule may vary during season to allow for coverage). Typical duties include mowing, line trimming, weeding, trash cleanup, irrigation maintenance and repair, hand watering of plants. May be assigned to assist other crews and perform other job functions. This position typically ends middle of October.
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK
Successful applicant must pass background check.
MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT
Driving record of successful applicant will be obtained by the HR Office.
On-line applications will be accepted at www.ogdencity.com until filled. If you do not have access to a computer, you may come to the Ogden City Human Resources office located at 2549 Washington Blvd., Suite 220, Ogden, UT 84401 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. All applications/resumes will be evaluated and ranked based on relevant education and experience as stated therein. Highest ranking applicants may be invited for a personal interview.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AA/EOE/ADAAA- MARCH 21, 2023
Sign Up For Job Alerts!