- 14-Sep-2021 to 30-Sep-2022 (MST)
- Ogden, UT, USA
- $14.07 to $20.47 Firefighter/ $17.51 to $25.46 Paramedic DOQ
- Full Time
Language Pay, Longevity Pay, Holidays Sick, Vacation, and Comp Time Leave Medical and Dental EAP- Employee Assistance Program Life Insurance Long-Term Disability Employee Loan Program- Computer, Bike & Exercise equipment loans when available Wellness Program Tuition Reimbursement
This will be an on-going recruitment process between September 14, 2021, and September 30, 2022. Oral interviews and physical fitness test will be scheduled as needed.
Lateral Fire Fighter Range - $1,576.92 to $2,293.20 (Bi-weekly Rate)
Lateral Paramedic Range - $1,961.54 to $2,852.51 (Bi-weekly Rate)
LATERAL FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC REQUIRED PREREQUISITES
Lateral Firefighter/Paramedic applicants must meet the following criteria:
Lateral Firefighter and Lateral Firefighter/Paramedic applicants may be eligible, upon hire, to be placed in an equivalent Firefighter/Paramedic compensation step up to 9 years of service for each year of experience at a full-time department.
National Registry or Utah Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) or Paramedic (EMT-P).
National Fire Protection Association Firefighter1and 2 (NFPA FF-1 & FF-2)
Hazardous Materials First Responder –Awareness and Operations (NFPA HazMat Awareness & Operations.
Fire Certifications must be from either the Utah Fire Rescue Academy (UFRA) or any other certifying agency that provides an International Fire Service Accreditation (IFSAC) reciprocity certification. An IFSAC or Pro Board seal with a legible number must be present on copies of certificates including reciprocity
COPIES OF ALL PREREQUISITE CERTIFICATION CERTIFICATES MUST BE ATTACHED TO APPLICATION BEFORE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICANT TO BE CONSIDERED QUALIFIED TO TEST. IFSAC OR PRO BOARD SEALS OR LABLES NEED TO BE LEGIBLE OR CERTIFICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. NO SUBSTITUTES WILL BE ALLOWED IN PLACE OF A COPY OF THE ACTUAL CERTIFICATION CERTIFICATES.
Certifications can be faxed to 801-629-8735 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received prior to application closing date.
Lateral Firefighter/Paramedic Experience and Training Guidelines:
- Some firefighting and EMS experience is desirable; minimum certification as a National Registry or Utah EMT-A or EMT-P and UFRA or IFSAC or Pro Board: NFPA FF-1, NFPA FF-2, Hazardous Materials First Responder – Awareness, and Hazardous Materials First Responder – Operations;
- Training equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, supplemented by college level course work.
- Work in an emergency firefighting and rescue environment.
- Work in intense life-threatening conditions; exposure to fire, smoke, bodily fluids, and noise; running, walking, crawling, climbing, stooping and lifting.
- Work in inclement weather conditions; may wear heavy protective equipment while working.
Lateral Firefighter/Paramedic Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, and procedures of modern firefighting.
- Operation of equipment, tools, devices, facilities, and their proper use; emergency medical, CPR and other medical assistance techniques.
- Operation of ambulances.
OGDEN CITY BENEFITS
- Language Pay
- Longevity Pay
- Sick, Vacation, and Comp Time Leave
- Medical and Dental
- EAP- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Loan Program- Computer, Bike & Exercise equipment loans when available
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Sign Up For Job Alerts!