- Information Services
- Montrose, CO, USA
- Full Time
Medical, vision, dental, 401k retirement services. Annual leave including vacation, sick and holiday, night and weekend shift differentials may apply
Montrose Memorial Hospital has been named one of the Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the United States by The Chartis Center for Rural Health for the sixth year in a row! It is the only hospital in Colorado with this recognition for six consecutive years. As the leading healthcare facility in the San Juan Valley, MMH offers patients personalized and professional healthcare, backed by the latest technology and practices. Along with our physicians, MMH provides services in 23 specialties and sub-specialties, including joint replacement, complete cancer care, cardiology, rehabilitation and others. Through a unique combination of the latest in healthcare technology, experience and partnership, we continue to evolve and broaden our comprehensive services.
This position will lead the Informatics team as the liaison and support to the hospital staff for electronic medical records software applications. This role supports EHR users in the inpatient and hospital ancillary departments including admissions, registration, patient financial services, and inpatient medical and clinical staff to fully adopt and use EHR/EMR system to enhance patient care. A change agent Informaticist Lead:
· coordinates implementation of workflow enhancements
· fosters collaboration across departments to improve EMR documentation for patient care, analytics, and the business of healthcare including charge capture and billing
· drives Nuance dictation adoption and develops templates to improve the provider experience
· assists providers with CPOE adoption, problem list and discharge plan workflows, and electronic prescription
· facilitates electronic data exchange within the hospital, community, and state through interfaces, the patient portal, health information exchanges, and registries
· assists the Trainers with clinical application training for physicians and staff
a) Implements inpatient and hospital ancillary department applications including but not limited to, Clin Doc, Orders, E-Prescribing including EPCS, Prelude, Cadence, Dragon, Resolute, and Grand Central. Provides resolution for issues with downtime, software implementation, document repository, equipment installation and training. Reinforces re-fresher training for optimization of EHR use in outpatient provider settings. Supports and trains end users in changes, upgrades, enhancements, and personalization/customizations.
b) Collaborates with hospital staff and providers to enhance workflows and standardize current processes.
c) Translates stakeholder requests for build projects into design documents and prioritize projects.
d) Assists Interface Engineer with implementation of new interfaces including health information exchanges, public health data registries, and new modalities for inpatient provider settings. Assists with audits of accuracy of information exchange and information mapping.
e) Helps hospital staff build alerts for patient indications, order sets and reminders
f) Assigns/manages Cisco Duo tokens for EPCS in the hospital.
g) Provide technical support for software issues including printing/faxing. Fields initial questions and provide initial troubleshooting regarding systems concerns, issues, breaks. Identifies if a concern is a process, performance or product issue. Places and tracks tickets for break fixes and enhancements to resolution.
h) Completes user acceptance testing to validate build changes in hospital applications.
i) Is an advocate to and for inpatient teams, defining, addressing, and solutioning workflow needs.
j) Assists Admissions and Patient Financial Services with implementation, training, and troubleshooting of scheduling/registration and billing software issues in the hospital.
k) Assists with other compliance and audit programs as necessary.
l) Provides on-call support for purposes of incident and problem management.
m) Coaches and assists Informaticists to reach department goals
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Qualifications & Skills:
a) Education and experience:
· Associates required, Bachelor's degree highly desired
· 3 – 5 years' experience in the healthcare field, RN preferred.
· 2+ years EMR clinical application experience including multi-application dictionary build, maintenance, troubleshooting and end-user support, knowledge of interfaces helpful but not required. Experience with Epic preferred.
· Ability to communicate with other professionals
· Ability to lead small project teams
· Ability to analyze and make recommendations on projects
· Possess superior human relation skill
CORE PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Demonstrates team responsibility, accountability and cooperation; works within the concept of team to direct him/herself personally and as part of the team
· Contributes to and participates in the change-management process
· Strives to abide by and demonstrate standards of conduct and excellence; strives to assure accuracy in data, work, or information for both internal and external customers.
· Promotes positive customer service; facilitates effective communication
· Displays self-directed work initiative.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!