REPORTS TO: ENGINEERING MANAGER
At Intellimodus, we're ready to help you get moving, keep moving and persevere productivity. The systems we design for airports, parcel delivery hubs, distribution centers and manufacturing operations help our customers move goods and services more efficiently.
Intellimodus is made up of some of the world's most talented engineers and problem-solvers, immersed in a supportive environment that brings out their best. Our Controls Engineers are responsible for multiple controls projects which include knowledge of, and support all, phases of a project including: concept and research; sales support; estimating; component selection; network design; panel design; layout; purchasing; device troubleshooting; PLC programming; HMI tagging; on-site installation and debugging; and after-sales support.
The Controls Engineer relies on limited experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. This role works under general supervision; reporting to the department/group manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand AC/DC control systems with the ability to read component cut sheets to assist with setup in the field.
- Able to use computer software for design engineering and PLC programing with limited direction.
- Capable of trouble shooting a system and communicate status verbally and written.
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinking when designing or programming a system to help meet schedule, budget and customer expectations without any direction.
- Attend project meetings with customers and perform customer training on systems.
- Understand and stay familiar with electrical safety, standards and procedures.
- Provide technical support of PLC systems, networks and hardware during installation, in addition to remote support after installation.
- Conduct the full scope of controls project services.
- Design and deliver successful control projects and exceptional customer service with regard to schedules, time and budget.
- Design and develop layouts for electrical circuits or systems for power and control distribution.
- Assist in the production of detailed schematics.
- Communicate strategic information regarding suppliers, customers and competition.
- Support the Systems Checklist for projects during field installation and startup.
- Ability to develop electrical diagrams with varying levels of efficiency, while being able to locate and correct mistakes found in electrical diagrams by themselves and others.
- Be a project team leader or contributor.
- Communicate with other team members effectively and keep Administrative Coordinator advised of schedule; checking and using voicemail and email diligently; and maintaining the team relationship.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferably EE, EET or CECS, or equivalent and/or 3-5 years in the field or related area.
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Familiar with the standard-used concepts, practices, and procedures with controls, material handling, water and waste water systems and manufacturing.
- Proficient in several programming languages and control device networks for PLCs.
- Is willing to attend training and becoming certified in applicable controls technologies or programs.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities, have an acute attention to detail, the ability to receive direction and be a high-energy team player with the ability to work independently, as well as in a group environment.
- Active listener and detailed communicator
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Self-starting instincts and strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicationsskills
- Willingness to travel to customer facilities asneeded and work non-business hours based on project and customer
- PLC programming, debugging and commissioning
- Plan/hardware design
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of:
- Electrical equipment and local building codes such as UL508a, NEC and NFPA
- Setting up and working with Microsoft Server environments
- Setting up and working with SQL Server database
- Programming and executing SQL queries
- Setting up and working with SQL Reporting Services
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical capabilities
- Material Handling
- Understanding of VFDs, Servos, sensors and Vision Systems
CULTURE + PERKS:
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Awards for Recognition
- 4-hours for Volunteering
- Holidays Include: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve
- Ongoing Performance Evaluation Process
- Continuous Learning and Development
- Career Development & Growth Plans
- Monthly Company Meetings
- Humana Go365 Wellness Program
- Flexible working options
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Drug screen + Fit-to-work physical
- Must be able to be approved for an airport security badge