- 02-Nov-2021 to 31-Dec-2022 (EST)
- Detroit, MI, USA
- Full Time
Join Everdays to lead the creation of a new consumer standard, double a multi-billion dollar industry, and fundamentally change the way millions of seniors 60+ approach planning ahead. The Everdays team is going where where no group has before - building a completely new planning paradigm that brings modern technology, insurtech, and user friendly experiences to a huge, untapped market of retiring and retired seniors who, by way of their age and natural stage in life, have needs to take care of for themselves and their families both now and in the future. Everdays gives them an easy, pleasant, convenient, digital way to plan ahead - and fund their plans - all in one place.
Everdays is looking for a UI/UX Designer who will work hand-in-hand with our Director of User Experience to drive innovation and continuous UI improvements across our entire product value stream. You'll participate in the vision and the development of features and experiences from inception to adoption as well as lead the creativity behind a UI that must motivate adoption, usage, and retention.
The ideal candidate is excited about the opportunity to understand our users and be relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs, sweating the details and tying them back to the big picture. We work in a fast-paced environment and you'll need to hit the ground running and be looking to build something real.
What you will accomplish:
- Work closely with the entire Product team to create excellent user interactions and experiences throughout the Everdays platform based on research, user feedback, data analysis, and business goals.
- Design beautiful and effective UI for native iOS and Android mobile apps, as well as websites and web apps designed for both desktop and mobile.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and development to define and implement innovative solutions for the product's creative direction, visual design, and user experience.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user and process flows, sketches, sitemaps, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and brand standards.
- Research and analyze user feedback and activity and iterate to enhance the user experience.
Foremost, you have to care about people - you want to help people and make a difference in their lives. You are passionate, empathetic, and care that your work serves a greater purpose than just profit. You want to make a mark on the world and help push our society to change and grow for the better.
Required qualifications and skills:
- 5+ years design experience with preference to candidates with extensive mobile experience.
- Portfolio of previous work that demonstrates visual design skills, particularly native app and mobile-web based products.
- Experience breaking down requirements, recommending solutions and organizing to deliver it.
- Superior knowledge of UI/UX products - we love Figma.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter in an ambiguous and complex environment with shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from team members.
What it Takes to Succeed
- Strong work ethic and an even stronger moral compass
- Intelligence and the ability and willingness to learn from others
- Creativity and a desire to build something new
- Aggressiveness and the will and drive to succeed
- Wrapped with a passion for what we do
Everdays is an equal opportunity employer that has employees from all over the world. We're united in our quest for meaningful work and a passion to create something of value.
Everdays, Inc. is a high growth technology venture, launched in 2017. We are building a platform that changes the conversation around death to make it more approachable and accessible for everyone. For more information on Everdays, please visit http://www.everdays.com.