- ISO Services
- New Orleans, LA, USA
- 38-48 per hour
- Full Time
401k matching, Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance, Profit Sharing
We are a great company with great pay and great benefits. ISO Services is a multi-craft industrial services and construction operation providing all disciplines of industrial maintenance and construction. Services include civil; mechanical; electrical; and specialty service trades of insulation, fireproofing, painting/coatings, scaffolding, and insulation material sales.
We offer a competitive benefits package: 401(k), Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance and Profit Sharing
We are an EEO/AAP Employer.
The Coatings Construction Manager (CCM) role is a leadership position for the application of various industrial coatings. Our main coatings work includes exterior of metal and concrete, interior of metal and concrete, and fireproofing. Construction is a people business, and the primary responsibility of this position is people. CCM will be responsible for the management of multiple crews. This includes recruitment, retention, coaching, mentoring, training, and regularly communicating with coating related employees. This communication also extends to former employees who may be eligible for re-hire as work demands. The CCM is also directly responsible for safety, quality, and schedule performance on his/her specific jobs. The CCM is a critical leadership role within ISO Services and will be required to coordinate closely with project managers, HR, QC, EHS, CME operations groups, and Scaffold operations groups.
Coatings Construction Manager Responsibilities:
• Lead our employees related to all types of coating applications. Treat these employees with respect and fairness. The work of their hands is our product.
• Promote ISO Services and keep our team in a positive light with the customer.
• Manage the efficient allocation of resources (people, materials, owned equip, rented equip, subcontractors) to all of our coating related projects.
• Lead by example. Know the details of the work in order to have the best communication with our crews. For example, know or develop skill of equipment operation to help crews in troubleshooting.
• Anticipate the needs of customer and our crews.
• Assist in growing our coating related business.
• As required, spend time on the jobsites with emphasis on; job startup, trouble shooting, and final sign-off.
• Provide written instructions where possible and use our technology tools.
• Use our procedures (work the plan). Work with the management team to develop and adjust application, QC, and safety procedures as needed.
• Know the product data sheets and application guides. Arrange for manufacturer to provide training, as needed.
• Assist HR with recruiting.
• Appraise performance of site employees and report back to MPS.
• Work with Safety & Training coordinator to define the training needs and schedule.
• Ensure the completion of paperwork (confirmed material delivery tickets, timesheets, daily field reports, JSA's, audits, etc.).
• Assist the MPS in defining needs for owned equipment, rented equipment, materials, and supplies/consumables.
• Responsibilities include estimating, evaluating productivity, attending site job-walks.
• Ensure materials, tools, and safety supplies arrive on time for project schedule.
• Plan lodging for employees when required.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with all statutory requirements.
• Ensure that the jobsite, facility, and staff are in a presentable state.
• Handle various daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required. Sage 100 will be used for job cost accounting.
• Ensure our personnel carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
• Ensure implementation and enforcement of Safety and Health Policies and Programs.
• Ensure that safety is a priority for all crews.
• Audit job sites and work areas for conformity and compliance with company and site policies and procedures.
• Work closely with Admin/Accounting to ensure accuracy of payroll.
• Expand services within customer facility to include other department services.
• Develop relationships with co-workers throughout all of ISO Services.
• Promote our multi-craft culture with the goal of developing personnel to assist with more than one craft. For example, we expect the coatings personnel to assist with scaffolding and enclosures.
• CCM will perform any other tasks as directed by the OMSS.
Coatings Construction Manager Qualifications/Requirements:
• Valid driver's license and TWIC Card.
• OSHA 30 or equivalent safety training
• >4 years of industrial coatings supervision experience.
• Experience with related planning, recruiting, estimating, and purchasing,
• Experience with SSPC and NACE standards.
• Acceptable written and verbal communication skills
• Night/Weekend work may be required and up to 50% travel.
• Qualifications/certifications that would add value, but are not required:
o Military service, Bachelor's Degree, NACE, NCCER, SSPC, STI
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extended periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, climbing ladders, climbing stairs, crouching, and reaching.
• Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures.
• Must pass a pulmonary function test for ability to use a respirator.
Job Reference: Coatings Construction Manager