- ISO Services
- Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- 38-48 per hour
- Full Time
401k matching, Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance, Profit Sharing
ISO Services is looking for an Insulation Construction Manager for our Holden, LA or Flowood, MS offices.
If you have experience in industrial environments and enjoy working with construction professionals, then consider joining our team. We look for employees that take pride in their skills and apply their knowledge for safe and efficient production. The team in your care will have craftsmen who meet these qualifications.
ISO Services is a multi-craft industrial services and construction operation providing key disciplines in the industrial maintenance and construction fields. Our services include civil, mechanical, insulation, abatement, fireproofing, painting/coatings, and scaffolding. In addition, ISO Services has complimentary services for scaffolding rental and insulation material sales. Although we have completed projects from HI to GA, the majority of our work is in LA, MS, TN, TX, and WV.
Your role as Insulation Construction Manager (ICM) is a leader with a focus on the application of various industrial insulation systems. Our work includes hot and cold applications for piping, tanks, and equipment. Construction is a people business, and the primary responsibility of this position is people. You will be responsible for the management of multiple crews. This includes recruitment, retention, coaching, mentoring, training, and regularly communicating with insulation-related employees. This communication also extends to former employees who may be eligible for re-hire as work demands. The ICM is also directly responsible for safety, quality, and schedule performance on his/her specific jobs. The Insulation Construction Manager is a critical leadership role within ISO Services and will be required to coordinate closely with project managers, HR, QC, EHS, CME operations groups, and Scaffold operations groups.
We offer a competitive benefits package: 401k matching, Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance, and Profit Sharing.
We are an EEO/AAP Employer.
Insulation Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead our employees related to all types of insulation applications. Treat these employees with respect and fairness. The work of their hands is our product.
- Promote ISO Services and keep our team in a positive light with the customer.
- Manage the efficient allocation of resources (people, materials, owned equip, rented equip, subcontractors) to all of our insulation related projects.
- Lead by example. Know the details of the work in order to have the best communication with our crews. For example, know or develop skill of equipment operation to help crews in troubleshooting.
- Anticipate the needs of customer and our crews.
- Assist in growing our insulation related business.
- As required, spend time on the jobsites with emphasis on; job startup, trouble shooting, and final sign-off.
- Provide written instructions where possible and use our technology tools.
- Use our procedures (work the plan). Work with the management team to develop and adjust application, QC, and safety procedures as needed.
- Know the product data sheets and application guides. Arrange for manufacturer to provide training, as needed.
- Assist HR with recruiting.
- Appraise performance of site employees and report back to OMSS.
- Work with Safety & Training coordinator to define the training needs and schedule.
- Ensure the completion of paperwork (confirmed material delivery tickets, timesheets, daily field reports, JSA's, audits, etc.).
- Assist the MPS in defining needs for owned equipment, rented equipment, materials, and supplies/consumables.
- Responsibilities include estimating, evaluating productivity, attending site job-walks.
- Ensure materials, tools, and safety supplies arrive on time for project schedule.
- Plan lodging for employees when required.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Ensure that the jobsite, facility, and staff are in a presentable state.
- Handle various daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required.
- Ensure our personnel carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Ensure implementation and enforcement of Safety and Health Policies and Programs.
- Ensure that safety is a priority for all crews.
- Audit job sites and work areas for conformity and compliance with company and site policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Admin/Accounting to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Expand services within customer facility to include other department services.
- Develop relationships with co-workers throughout all of ISO Services.
- Promote our multi-craft culture with the goal of developing personnel to assist with more than one craft. For example, we expect the insulation personnel to assist with scaffolding and enclosures.
- ICM will perform any other tasks as directed by the OMSS.
Insulation Construction Manager Qualifications/Requirements:
- Valid driver's license and TWIC Card.
- OSHA 30 or equivalent safety training
- >4 years of industrial insulation supervision experience.
- Experience with related planning, recruiting, estimating, and purchasing,
- Experience with variety of metal layout techniques.
- Acceptable written and verbal communication skills
- Night/Weekend work may be required and up to 50% travel.
- Qualifications/certifications that would add value, but are not required:
- Military service, Bachelor's Degree, NACE, NCCER, SSPC, STI
Insulation Construction Manager Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extended periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, climbing ladders, climbing stairs, crouching, and reaching.
- Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures.
- Must pass a pulmonary function test for ability to use a respirator.
Job Reference: Insulation Construction Manager