- ISO Services
- Jackson, MS, USA
- Full Time
401K, Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance, Profit Sharing
Project Manager / Estimator - Working with a tight-knit team in the industrial construction industry.
We are a great company with great pay and great benefits. ISO Services is a part of Ergon Construction Group and is a relationship-driven company that values each employee's willingness to learn and contribute to the team. We are family owned with locations throughout the U.S., but we pride ourselves on maintaining a small-company feel.
Our position is for a full-time Project Manager & Estimator at our Flowood, MS office.
The Project Manager & Estimator position will be responsible for accurate and timely preparation of construction project proposals and bids, document control, material procurement, subcontractor coordination, project controls/reporting, scheduling, and other project management responsibilities for awarded contracts. Primary markets are heavy industrial construction and maintenance including civil/concrete, process piping, equipment setting, structural steel fabrication/installation, storage tank repairs, and industrial specialty services including scaffolding, insulation, tracing, coatings, and abatement.
Project Manager & Estimator Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree Construction Management, Construction Engineering/Science, or Engineering.
- Degree requirement may be waived for candidates with 5+ years of applicable experience.
- Three years industrial construction estimating, project management, and/or project controls
experience is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of safe work practices including: crane operations, rigging/lifting,
welding and pipe fabrication, equipment setting, steel erection, scaffolding, and abatement.
- Proven track record of success working internally with business development, operations, and
upper management and externally with owners, engineers, suppliers, and subcontractors.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities for Project Managers & Estimators:
- Prepare construction estimates and proposals for all design stages coordinating with business
development and operations teams
- Prepare quantity take-offs, identify and compute labor, material, and time costs by studying
proposals, blueprints, specifications and other bid documents
- Assist with developing and maintain an estimating cost data base to ensure costs are up to date.
- Consult with clients, subcontractors, and material and equipment suppliers to discuss and
formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve issues.
- Study specifications to assist the operations team in planning procedures for construction.
- Review subcontractor and supplier bids for conformity to contract requirements and determine
- Prepare purchase orders for materials and equipment, manage submittal data, drawings, and/or
specifications, and expedite deliveries, as required.
- Evaluate and manage project rental equipment needs to drive maximum efficiency
- Track information and communicate with owner on key issues, such as project schedule, status,
budget, change management.
- Work with employees, subcontractors, site supervision, and owner to ensure compliance with all
site safety and regulatory requirements including adherence to Ergon Construction safety manual.
- Develop, update, and review project controls reports with site supervision and owner, updating
schedule and budget activities throughout the duration of the project, and provide appropriate
- Negotiate subcontract and supplier agreements, and review and process invoices
- Review customer/project invoices for accuracy and assist customers with any billing/invoice
concerns or corrections.
- Other project management and coordination duties including being the primary point of contact
for day-to-day communication with owner, site supervision, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Project Manager & Estimator Required Skills/Qualifications:
- Forward thinking, progressive, dynamic leader who has excellent interpersonal and management
skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of construction market including pricing conventions and trends and general
understanding of all construction disciplines.
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs, isometric piping drawings, equipment drawings, and other
industrial design related specifications and documents.
- Thorough understanding of project logistics, project schedules, and standard estimating practices.
- Ability to identify and manage people to accomplish required objectives.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
Certificates & Licenses:
- CPR/AED certificate preferred
- 30 hour OSHA training preferred
- Defensive Driving training required
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Position to be filled: Project Manger / Estimator