DentalEZ, a growing manufacturer of dental equipment is seeking a forward-looking Operations Leader to oversee all manufacturing and support functions for our facility in Hillsboro, OR.
What's in it for you?
DentalEZ offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including but not limited to 11 paid Holidays, 120 hours PTO per year, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and a generous 401(k) match.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION AND SKILLS:
The Operations Leader must have a vision for the desired future state of the business unit and commitment to attain it. Sensitive to current business culture and an over-communicator who elicits employee feedback and ensures the team knows what, why and how changes will be implemented. This is a hands-on role with the opportunity to be involved in all aspects and functions of running a manufacturing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, and promote strategies to achieve significant manufacturing targets.
- Responsible for achieving operational goals.
- Plays a key role in strategic business decisions affecting production and sales.
- Work closely with other members of his/her team in the identification and development of people, products, services, and/or systems.
- Champion the quality and continuous improvement efforts of the company.
- Ensure adequate people and equipment capacity is in place to support forecasted financial requirements.
- Oversee the master schedule to ensure quoted deliveries are correct and achievable.
- Drive programs to continually reduce production cycle times and maximize equipment and employee engagement.
- Ensure capital expenditures in area support production goals and company direction with a strong ROI.
- Ensure adequate safety and environmental programs are in place to protect workers and minimize company liability.
- Responsible for safety, quality, on-time delivery, cost improvement, and employee engagement at the facility.
- Oversee all manufacturing and support operations to ensure production meets the required deadlines, quality standards, and is completed within the operational budget.
- Collaborate with engineering, marketing, and customer service to provide best in class products, service, and response.
- Lead in the development of a problem-solving culture.
- Champion continuous improvement efforts by finding root causes, issuing corrective actions, and implementing refined operating processes.
- Provide leadership through effective communication, coaching, training and development of teams.
- Drive lean manufacturing initiatives, safety and quality compliance, cost reduction, on-time delivery metrics, and stellar customer satisfaction.
- Monitor manufacturing operations to improve efficiency/service levels and implementing refined operating processes.
- Depth in leading and managing multi-shift production, with both entry level assembly and semi-skilled and skilled machine operations, quality assurance, continuous improvement, inventory management, safety, and change initiatives with a wide array of products and very different manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or related field.
- 5 plus years' experience in the manufacture and assembly of precision instruments, experience in plastics/molding also helpful.
- FDA regulated dental lab or medical device experience a plus.
- MUST have Lean manufacturing experience with exposure to Six Sigma, green or black belt certification preferred
- Experience with Oracle, SAP, or similar inventory control systems.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated financial acumen.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran status.
If you are interested in applying for employment with DentalEZ and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website, please contact us by email or phone.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 888-633-9269
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!