- Merrillville, IN, USA
- 15.00 Paid Weekly + Tips
Summer Part-Time Seasonal Crew Member
Decadent Flavor is looking for seasonal part-time crew members to take orders, prepare desserts, and cashier. We are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate Crew Members to be part of our growing team. We are looking for passionate people who share our commitment to great food and quality! We are growing rapidly and are looking to fill these positions quickly! This position is perfect for the adventurer who is organized, independent and looking to start a career and gain valuable experience in the food service industry.
In a day well spent, prepare to liven up the atmosphere with your amazing personality, greeting guests, serving, cashiering, cooking decadent delights, educating guests on menu offerings, and making recommendations based on their preferences providing our guests with a positive and amazing experience they will never forget. Does this sound like you? Keep reading...
As a Crew Member you're on the front lines to deliver the food, service, and experience our guests have come to expect including...
- Connecting with customers to ensure they have a positive experience
- Help customers order their favorite Decadent Flavor treats
- Prepare all our of Northwest Indiana and Chicagoland 's famous menu items
- Partner with other Crew and Crew Leaders to meet daily goals and have fun
- Keep the Food Truck looking fantastic
The ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule, positive attitude and willingness to learn. If you are passionate about food and ready to work hard and think fast while keeping a smile on your face, we would love to have you join our energetic team.
Crew Members Job Duties:
- Assist with daily prep of items to be served and sold for each event.
- Adhere to the preparation checklist and ensure all items are ready and the food truck is organized and set for service for each event
- Greet guests with a smile, using a positive and upbeat tone of voice and appropriate body language
- Service all stations on the food truck including cash register, taking orders, order preparation and presenting final product for guests
- Prepare menu items according to specific recipes and instructions
- Ensure safety standards are maintained in the kitchen
- Maintain health and sanitation across the work areas
- Ensures complete and constant cleanliness of utensils, surfaces, and cooking areas
- Properly close the food truck according to company policies and procedures during each shift
- Other job duties as assigned
- Basic math competency needed (addition, subtraction, and division)
- The ability to work and create a fast-paced customer service driven environment
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal Skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and treat our clients and customers with respect and dignity
- Candidates must possess willingness and ability to travel and work with flexible schedules based on business demands
- Candidates must be able to work standing for long periods of time
- Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance or with a reasonable accommodation
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Valid/Non-expired ServSafe Certification
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform other related duties as assigned to ensure workload coverage. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
This description does NOT constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the job change.
About Decadent Flavor
Decadent Flavor, a company created and operated by our CEO Sonia Payton was established in April 2014. Decadent Flavor is a traveling catering company that offers a variety of specialty dessert stations from signature mini donuts to delectable funnel cakes inspired by the sweet memories of childhood, Decadent Flavor seeks to create and serve delicious treats and indulgences for all occasions including but not limited to weddings, birthday parties, bar/ bart mitzvas, church, and corporate events. Each client has the option of selecting any of our dessert stations or booking our Sweet Savory Food Truck.
Serving the Chicagoland, Northwest Indiana and surrounding areas. It is our goal to make every event SWEETER. We are a traveling catering company that offers sweet stations, savory stations and have a food truck. We customize each station to suit the desired theme/occasion and create custom treats for every client. Our passion is to turn your memorable event into an enjoyable experience filled with delicious delights. Our motto "looks good tastes even better" has soared our rising company to new heights and keeps our guests returning back for more.
Decadent Flavor's tantalizing treats are unforgettable, bold in flavor and uniquely satisfying. Our specialty dessert stations and designer treats are the focal point at every event.
Why Work Here?
Decadent Flavor's tantalizing treats are unforgettable, bold in flavor and uniquely satisfying. Our specialty dessert stations and designer treats are the focal point at every event. We have a fun familial environment , attractive compensation package and we pride ourselves in providing our customers and guests with an experience that is both palatable and unique.
9148 Louisiana St Unit E, Merrillville, IN 46410, United States