- Casa Grande, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Competitive benefits and compensation.
Bull Moose Tube Company is seeking to hire a full-time Operator in our Casa Grande location.
We know that we would not be successful without our hardworking team made up of individuals who believe in maintaining a steadfast dedication to our customers and to each other. Here at Bull Moose Tube, we believe in teamwork, integrity, growth, and safety. In addition to our collaborative and positive work environment, we offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package which includes comprehensive health and dental insurance options, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, monthly bonus potential, and a rich 401(k) plan!
ABOUT BULL MOOSE TUBE
Founded in 1962, Bull Moose Tube is a steel manufacturer committed to excellence in everything that we do. We boast more than a half-century of manufacturing and selling superior steel pipe and tube. Our enduring commitment to quality, innovation, and customer service has made us a long-standing dominant force in the market. We are driven to be the best.
SUMMARY: Understands and reinforces the Company vision of being the best producer of steel pipe and tube in North America. Performs assigned tasks in a manner reflecting and achieving the Vision consistent with the Company's Core Values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, & Growth and Results.
Utilize and operate equipment, material and tools in the inspection and processing of tube through the cut off. Responsible for safe operation of the cut off, roll groover and de-dimpler in the capacity as Cut Off Operator and all ancillary activities that support the production of quality ASTM spec tube for customers. Complies with all safety, quality, customer focus, preventative maintenance and housekeeping standards. All other duties as assigned and expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and apply micrometer, caliper, gages and tape measure
- Understand and use shop floor system
- Read and interpret customer and ASTM specs
- Perform cutoff die set up
- Perform turkshead set up and understand utilizing it to obtain straight tube
- Perform dump table set up for all lengths and shapes
- Perform de-dimpler set up
- Perform eddy tester set up utilizing proper eddy tester coils
- Perform change of cut-off blade
- Operation of de-dimpler
- Proper use of plug and ring gage (where applicable)
- Perform required quality checks: length, cut, weld position, surface condition and twist
- Perform cutting of scrap out and moving to appropriate scrap bin
- Fills out production sheets on a daily basis
- Assists with changeovers where needed
- Complete knowledge of Company quality requirements and procedures
- Complete knowledge of Company safety requirements and procedures
- Complete knowledge of Company housekeeping rules for all work and non-work areas utilized
- Communicate to management and peers any safety, quality, preventative maintenance, customer focus, or equipment issues as part of the company's improvement initiatives
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Work cooperatively with others to ensure constructive and productive business relationships
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Be able to understand and effectively use computerized business systems and other technology and business platforms
- Work well in a team-based environment
- Self-motivated and driven
- Problem solving skills
- Continuous improvement focused
- Strong verbal and math skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, caliper and gages
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to conform to safety and quality requirements
- Ability to stand for long periods of time as well as walk, twist, bend, kneel, see, talk, hear
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly, 50 pounds frequently and on occasion lift or move 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled facility
This job posting does not comprise an exhaustive list of all functions that this employee may be required to perform; the employee may be required to perform additional duties/functions as assigned.
An equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans.