- Elkhart, IN, USA
- Full Time
Very competitive compensation and benefits package.
At Bull Moose Tube, our sales team is the engine that drives our organization. We're seeking a qualified Customer Service Representative to help us sell the products and services that our customers have grown to rely on. The Sales Operations Representative works with Sales to execute a sales strategy that achieves high levels of shipments from assigned mills, including the management of inventory. Responsibilities working closely with Inside Sales, Outside Sales, Scheduling, and Operations to manage and minimize inventory throughout the finished goods pipeline of assigned mills.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide requested quotes to customers in a manner that is consistent with established objectives related to timeliness, pricing, terms, and otherwise.
- Enter customer orders accurately and in a timely manner, consistent with customer and business requirements.
- Implement strategies at each site including reduction of aged inventory and accurate and appropriate management of overruns, mults, cancelled order inventory, customer specific inventory, credit holds, and inventory holds.
- Partner with Operations, Inside/Outside Sales, and the Sales Directors to achieve targeted daily truckload shipping expectations in assigned mills. Effectively act as the liaison between Operations and Sales, ensuring timely communication of manufacturing activity.
- Partner with the plant quality team to create better processes around rework, 3rd party outsourcing, saw schedules, and the flow of communication to the sales team.
- Thoroughly investigate inventory and shipping discrepancies, including weekly reviews of current inventory and projected inventory levels, and past and projected shipping expectations.
- Support control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed, and resolved.
- Work directly with OSRs and ISRs on customer-specific inventory and shipment expectations.
- Facilitate continuous improvement by questioning the current customer processes and determining solutions to best resolve issues.
- Identify distribution customers that trend with product on floor too long and work with Sales management to create parameters/guidelines.
- Discuss CPU standards and expectations with sales management and modify guidelines as required.
- Work with Sales Director(s) to create process improvements related to selling that minimize excess floor stock and 'run and ship' expectations with customers; secure customer inbound appointments to support increases in business; identify improvements that can help for better flow of business.
- Bring awareness to the inside sales team and extended sales team of the intricacies of plant regarding shipping and FGI challenges, delays, and mill specifics.
- Other duties as periodically needed or assigned.
- Ability to demonstrate clear product, system, process, and procedure knowledge.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated use of problem-solving skills, connecting with the customer, discussing issues with customers and internal partners, and communicating the value proposition.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of personalities and interests.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Continuous improvement focused.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of account management, inside sales or customer service experience is required.
- Industry experience preferred.