- Elkhart, IN, USA
- Full Time
Very competitive compensation and benefits package
Bull Moose is a 55-year-old company, who is currently one of the largest and most profitable manufacturers of mechanical tubing, fire suppression sprinkler tubing and hollow structural section steel tubing in the USA. With Bull Moose's 8 North American operational manufacturing sites and its headquarters located in St. Louis, Missouri, we offer an excellent career opportunity for a Production Supervisor located in our Elkhart, IN Plant site.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the supervision of all secondary floor activities- i.e., slitter, shipping, receiving, galvanizing stenciling.
- Maintain reporting procedures and shift production summaries, including production reconciliation of coils consumed, bundles produced, etc.
- Ensure operation of equipment by calling for repairs and facilitating maintenance corrections to malfunctions within process.
- Responsible for the oversight of mill tooling status, roll, and dies. Read and interpret customer and ASTM specs; understand and use Shop Floor system. Understand, implement and maintain rolling schedule from Shop Floor.
- Administer and enforce the language of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Safety and Conduct Rules, determine and discipline infractions of the same per the language.
- Support of and responsibility for adherence to Company standards re: goals speeds, changeover times, uptime, yields and mill specs.
- Organize and conduct monthly safety meetings and enforce safety policies and procedures (both in-house and regulatory) to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job.
- Supervision of shift employees by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training new employees.
- Responsible for maintaining and applying timekeeping and payroll functions.
- Quality- assurance of quality product per ASTM and BMT specs. Responsible for adherence to ISO program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or other leadership personnel.
- Analytical ability, good judgment, strong operational focus, critical thinking, and able to effectively assess and resolve complex and/or technical problems.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to ensure constructive and productive business relationships, business coordination and staff development.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, flexible, and effective in a union environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, business partners, plant personnel, and others.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated manufacturing operations supervisory experience, preferably in the metal tubing industry.
- A solid understanding of business planning and operational, quality, and safety requirements.
- Strong mechanical background required.
- Computer competency required.
This job description does not comprise an exhaustive list of all functions that employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. The Company may revise any job description at any time in the Company's sole discretion. Nothing in this job description shall alter the fact that employee's employment is at-will. The Company considers all of the functions and responsibilities in this job description as essential. Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily. However, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an employee with disabilities to perform the essential functions of employee's job, absent undue hardship.