Bull Moose Tube Company is seeking to hire a full-time Quality Manager at our facility in Elkhart, IN.
We know we would not be successful without our hardworking team made up of individuals who believe in maintaining a steadfast dedication to our customers and to each other. Here at Bull Moose Tube, we believe in teamwork, integrity, growth, and safety. In addition to our awesome work environment, we offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package that includes comprehensive health and dental insurance options, paid vacation plus 11 paid holidays, annual bonus potential, and a rich 401(k) plan!
ABOUT BULL MOOSE TUBE
Founded in 1962, Bull Moose Tube is a steel manufacturer that boasts more than a half-century of steadfast commitment to serving customers requiring steel pipe and tube. Our enduring commitment to quality, innovation, and service has made us the fastest-growing competitor in the market.
SUMMARY: The Quality Manager champions quality improvement initiatives and supervises local QA team to ensure that on-going product quality, audits and regulatory requirements are met or exceeded.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that customer requirements and expectations have been identified and met as part of a customer-focused culture.
- Coordinate all quality audits and management reviews, including micrometer audit process.
- Maintain ISO 9001 certification by working with other site managers, process owners and supervisors to ensure they maintain and enhance their portions of the quality management system.
- Manage performance and provide coaching, feedback and development plans to the local QA team to ensure individual, department, plant and company goals are met or exceeded.
- Interact with customers on quality issues, often as the face of the company to the customer.
- Provide oversight of preventive and corrective action requests.
- Ensure that organizational systems and training are in place, including Quality onboarding to align with production.
- Oversee calibration and testing programs.
- Coordination of the Quality Lab, CVN, and Crush Test.
- Assist in development of quality goals and metrics for the site's strategic plan.
- Brown Book value review/recalculation.
- Work cooperatively with others to ensure constructive and productive business relationships
- Ensure all work is reported daily through the JDE.
- Provide frequent on-site monitoring, auditing and enforcement of quality, safe work practices, and institute and audit training drills across the plant.
- Identify, arrange, and track the skills training and development needs of each QA team member and ensure assignment of mechanics to specific jobs are relative to individual abilities.
- Communicate all concerns and other work-related issues to leadership.
- Other duties required to meet company needs.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with high expectations
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, quality or a relevant technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in quality assurance, should be combined with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments as a quality assurance manager.
- QMS experience required.
- Strong process background in the metals industry strongly preferred.
If you are interested in joining a successful organization that rewards results, please apply online at www.bullmoosetube.iapplicants.com
EOE, including disability/vets