- 07-Jan-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- HVAC - Repair
- Newark, DE, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision and 401k. Paid holidays and vacation. Company vehicle.
Attention experienced HVAC Technicians: Boulden Brothers is expanding and needs your expertise! Family-owned and operated for over 70 years, we are Military and Veteran friendly, offer excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as matching 401k. If you have at least 5 years of experience, we even offer a $5,000 hiring bonus! Want to join in on the fun? Apply on-line or give our Team Developer a call today at 302-224-4922 to see why we were named one of the Top Workplaces in Delaware!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Service, repair, install and/or propose replacement of warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, boilers, water heaters, related piping and electrical. Be able to service and startup equipment and adjust to the manufacturers' and job specification.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues that arise that would keep the equipment from functioning properly.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Communicate with the consumer the proper operation and owner's maintenance of the installed equipment. Answer related questions as to operation, features, and functions to the homeowner.
- Perform required documentation for each call, recording recommendations, repairs, accurate readings and observations.
- Understand and properly use the flat rate pricing system in making recommendations.
- Determine customer satisfaction with follow-ups on all installation/services sold.
- Possess good working knowledge of company's products and services being offered.
- Become familiar with various municipalities' plan and permit requirements and submittal processes.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Learns and embraces the Boulden Brothers' vision and mission statements and works within the scope of the defined position to continually strive to achieve and execute the goals.
- Have a positive "can do" attitude with open dialogue addressing problems, issues, and obstacles that prevent you, your fellow team members and the organization from achieving their goals and realizing success.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills and a friendly disposition.
- Must have the ability to lift in excess of 75 pounds, sit or stand for periods of time, climb ladders and carry equipment.
- Clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Able to read blueprints, technical drawings and specifications.
- Willing and able to complete all necessary paperwork and turn it in on a timely basis
- Be dependable and on time.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with using Smart phones.
- Outstanding communication skills with coworkers, supervisors, clients, vendors and others.
- Represent Boulden Brothers in a positive manner at all times, both inside and outside the workplace.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime, nights and weekends and be on-call as required.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a residential setting.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Company vehicle.
- Major health including medical, dental and vision.
- 401k with employer match.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Getting to work in a positive environment with supportive administrative, management, and HVAC team members!